Define Software Service/City Service
A software service is a software functionality or a set of software functionalities which provide useful information to the citizens (Santana et al. 2016). This activity aims to define the required software services which support city services (e.g. air-quality service, transport service, health service, etc.). Smart cities require the integration of these city services and software services across the different city domains (e.g. education, environment, energy, health, tourism, transportation, etc.) in order to make cities more smart and to maintain interoperability among different systems (Rong et al. 2014).
- Supports (Software Service, City Service): Software services support the automation of city services.
Smart city services must be supported for a number of software services across the different domains (e.g. education, environment, energy, health, tourism, transportation, etc.), to make cities smart and to maintain interoperability among different systems (Clement et al. 2017).
- A smart parking service is supported by several software services with the following operations: read plate number, get user profile, allocate parking spot, update the registry, inform users (Santana et al. 2016)
- Clement, S., Mckee, D. & Xu, J., 2017. Service-Oriented Reference Architecture for Smart Cities. In Service-Oriented System Engineering (SOSE), 2017 IEEE Symposium on. IEEE, pp. 81–85.
- Rong, W. et al., 2014. Smart city architecture: A technology guide for implementation and design challenges. China Communications, 11(3), pp.56–69.
- Santana, E.F.Z. et al., 2016. Software platforms for smart cities: Concepts, requirements, challenges, and a unified reference architecture. arXiv preprint arXiv:1609.08089.